Flickr Tools and Toys
The geeky and artistic among you will most certainly be familiar with Flickr. Others, maybe not so. Today I thought I’d share some of the neat Flickr-related links I’ve saved in Ma.gnolia:
- Multicolr photo search – choose a few colours, and it’ll show y a grid of photos containing those colours. Just discovered this via DFCKR. Beautiful!
- Flickrvision – a map of the world constantly displaying recently posted photos from around the world, by David Troy. Troy’s Twittervision is also a very cool way to see the flotsam, jetsam and zeitgeist of the world.
- PictoBrowser – Builds a little Flash gallery using your Flickr photos, generating HTML that you can paste into your website.
- FlickrFolio – it’s not yet launched, but this looks like it will be a nice minimalist way for an artist to build a portfolio out of their Flickr photo sets.
- Photosets for inspiration: from business cards to a neon graveyard. There is a fantastic array of interesting photo sets and groups on Flickr.
Bonus WordPress Plugins for you WP lovers:
- FlickrRSS – I’ve used this to pull in photos on a few sites, like Joanne Probyn‘s home page, and it works quite well.
- PictoBrowser plugin – haven’t tried it myself. Have you?
- Photo Dropper – for easily finding creative commons-licensed photos to include in your posts.
- I know there’s a ton more which I haven’t tried, so here’s Specky Boy’s 10 Amazing WordPress plugins for Flickr. Looks like his site is ful of other great round-ups too. Oh, the Internet, it just never ends!